Term Paper Tips
- Choosing research paper topics
- Picking up topics about UFOs
- A list of various term paper topics
- Writing the best term paper ever
- Research paper in 1 day
- Research paper: preparation
- Writing on a scientific topic
- Selecting a unique topic in biology
- Psychology midterm paper topics
- Midterm paper writing tips
- Writing MLA research paper
- Acing in biology paper writing
- Practicing writing an outline
- Crafting your paper properly
- Great math research paper topics
- Mind your project's opening
- Starting your research project
Need help with research paper or coursework? Follow My Paper Writer - expert paper writers for hire.
Creating An Original Research Paper About George Washington
With a subject like George Washington, which has been written about so widely and virtually all Americans already know about, it can be difficult to choose a topic and write a research paper that is original and will teach the reader something that they don’t already know. When writing a paper about a historical figure such as George Washington, there are a few important things to keep in mind that will help you create an original paper:
- Write about a period of his life that is less known
- Choose an unexpected aspect of his life to write about
- Research how he felt about a certain issue
As a president and military leader, the majority of research attention toward George Washington is focused on the years of his life during the American Revolution and his Presidency. One strategy for creating a more original paper is to focus your paper on a lesser known period of his life. For instance, what were his young adult life years like? Or, what did he do after he left the White House? Start asking yourself what aspects of him you don’t know very much about. Answering these questions can help you figure out what your reader likely doesn’t know much about either.
In addition to choosing an time period of his life that is little known, you should try to choose an aspect of his life that you don’t know much about. In school you probably learned about what kind of military leader he was or what his political view were. But other subjects such as his religions beliefs or even his horses can make for very interesting papers. The one thing to keep in mind when you are choosing a topic is not to pick something that is so obscure that you won’t be able to find any sources on it. Luckily, for a figure as famous as George Washington, this shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
One way to make your research paper feel a little more personal is to try to research how he felt about a certain issue. This, compared to writing about what he did, can be more difficult. But using sources such as letter, journal entries, and speeches you can try to piece together what his views were on an issue. This can be especially interesting if you are able to do it for an issue that is still relevant in modern times.