Term Paper Tips
- Choosing research paper topics
- Picking up topics about UFOs
- A list of various term paper topics
- Writing the best term paper ever
- Research paper in 1 day
- Research paper: preparation
- Writing on a scientific topic
- Selecting a unique topic in biology
- Psychology midterm paper topics
- Midterm paper writing tips
- Writing MLA research paper
- Acing in biology paper writing
- Practicing writing an outline
- Crafting your paper properly
- Great math research paper topics
- Mind your project's opening
- Starting your research project
Need help with research paper or coursework? Follow My Paper Writer - expert paper writers for hire.
How to Write a Research Paper Thesis Statement: Setting the Record Straight
Thesis is an essential part of any piece of academic writing. This sentence is one of the most difficult to think up. However, its utmost importance makes it imperative that you give your best to creating a thesis that will make an impact.
This sentence will define your whole work, in a way. Use the following tips to make sure that your thesis can make a positive impression on the readers.
- 1. Always start with research. In order to come up with a good thesis statement, you will need some evidence. After you complete preliminary research of the subject, you will need to look into the relationships between the facts. This should help you create a working thesis.
- 2. Creating a thesis will require some brainstorming. Look online to find different techniques that will teach you how to organize a productive brainstorming session.
- 3. Choose a position that the readers may oppose or challenge, instead of simply stating some facts in your thesis.
- 4. Make your thesis very specific, so there will be no room for interpretation. This will help you make some strong arguments to support it.
- 5. Re-read your paper to make sure that the actual work supports your thesis.
Adjust this basic idea when you find enough evidence to support it.
Creating a Thesis Depending on the Essay Type
Every essay type has some rules that determine what kind of thesis should be used. Knowing them will make your job easier.
- Argumentative essay
- Expository essay
- Analytical essay
Thesis for this kind of paper must clearly state your stance on the issue you are writing about. To make it more interesting, you can give the reader some hint of the evidence you will be providing in the article.
This thesis should “expose” the topic. This means that it must include the details and descriptions of the subject of your study. The aim of this sentence is to explain the readers what they should expect from your paper.
In this case, your main task is to break down the topic into tiny pieces that can be explained one by one. This thesis should clarify the subject of your study for the reader. This would be the central idea of the whole paper, so you need to re-read it several times to be sure that you got the perfect wording.
Always consider your audience when writing a thesis statement. You need to be sure that you choose something that will truly make an impact on the readers.